Letter of Intent
UNESCO-UNEVOC / Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg
On 31 July 2007, UNESCO-UNEVOC and Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg, Germany, signed a Letter of Intent to establish a long-term cooperation between the two organisations. The cooperation will focus on international activities within the framework of the UN Decade of Education for Sustainable Development (DESD).
In particular, it will include the following fields of work, topics and arrangements:
- Shaping of the DESD in the area of TVET teacher training;
- Cooperation in a global TVET network for sustainable development;
- Joint research in the area of TVET for sustainable development;
- Development and acquisition of research projects on the scope of TVET; and
- Joint development and establishment of training the trainers projects including graduate programmes in TVET, especially in the context of sustainable development.